04 March 2009

It snowed in Georgia

Hospitals turn off coffee makers on the weekends.
But I found money in my pocket this morning and am going to eat a chikfila biscuit. Everything is proof of balance, I'm still convinced.

Somewhere along the line, I got the idea that things in life are balanced. No, I’m not suddenly overly interested in Chinese philosophy and yin yang signs. It’s more that I had to think that in order not to go crazy.

Call it self-fulfilling prophecy, but this idea of mine has just been reinforced repeatedly. Even if it is all in my head, I'm okay with that.

(My mother is reallllly into serendipity and signs and being spiritual. I’ve never been convinced of that whole God business and signs and all, so you can’t chalk this up to that.)

What do I mean? Well. I had a pretty awful July, but it was followed by some of the best months of my life. I thought everything was crashing in September, but without that scare I wouldn’t have appreciated October.

I lost powerfully in a senatorial election I worked on (even with landscape maps), but I got into college. I didn’t get into my “dream school” but did get to work on a campaign.

Yeah, this mindset makes me nervous when things are going well. But I also think it makes me enjoy it even more. It’s modified karma, I guess.

Blehhh. The chicken biscuit connection fell through. But hey, my art history teacher shared her coffee creamer with me, and I am going to the river after school. Things will ultimately be okay. Or balanced, at least.

3 comments:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectical_materialism

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're a little too cute maybe.



    There's always a balance. That's why it's not ridiculous to be expected to accept the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.
    You write powerful stuff hun.
    I randomly clicked on your profile searching for something to read and you captured me.

    I like your look on life. :)

    You have a new follower.

    xx Action Wolfe
    www.actionwolfe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete